We got back from Portugal almost a month ago but I’ve been just lazy and well the jet lag didn’t help too, plus it took a while to get back to the old routine. Get Thomas to sleep in his bed, good schedules….just thinking about it, I need a break_______________________________________________________________________Ok, done!
So, about our stay in Portugal, didn’t go exactly how we expected. Let me lay the facts for you.
- Flight delays with a 6 month old aren’t funny. At all!
- I had so many plans, things to do in Lisbon, we ended doing nothing. On the upside, we lost a few kilos – only to gain them back, and more, the weeks after – with all the walking and gymnastics cause of the stroller. Lisbon isn’t baby friendly.
- Wanted to travel a bit in Europe – NADA!
- At least we got to see Star Wars, a free night from Mr.T. ALLELUIA!!!
- My parents were working all the time, they didn’t get to enjoy their grandson. Shame on them! By the way, go eat some sugar at the new PONTO CHIC, a must!
- Baths, rare.
Despite all the downs, Thomas had a good time, enjoyed grandmas food, the sun…all the family was really excited about a new baby. Maybe we inspired some souls into parenthood. Or not. Who knows?!
About returning to Portugal, we are putting that idea on standby. I think I had a romantic vision of living there, from sun and love, you know, that kind of shit. Don’t get me wrong, I still think like that but I need money. I wish a lot! There’s no way isn’t a beautiful country and friendly people. Eating/drinking is so nooooooot expensive. But that’s it! There’s a certain basic thinks considered ‘luxuries’ over there that I’m not willing to give up, like the fucking hot water and heat! My new BFF and ever.
PAUSE/FORWARD For now we are going to focus on the positive and see where this – freezing – land take us. Let’s hope not farewell!